Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nintendo Wii

Enough about politics.

Here's an article from Yahoo! about how there are so many "crappy" Wii games these days.

I own a Wii and I don't regret it. My favorites on the system include Zelda: Twilight Princess and Okami (a superb port from the PS2). I also one day want to play Super Mario Galaxy, because it looks pretty wacky and I like the idea of hopping onto asteroids.
However, Yahoo! has a point in all this. I will definitely agree that, while there are many good and great Wii games, there are many more horrible ones. Far Cry: Vengeance, for example, with its barely Nintendo 64 level graphics. And then you have the games that just don't pull off the control scheme that usually makes up for lack of stunning visuals.

(Okami and Zelda have both, though. They look great and they work great. Perfect. In fact, they're on my list of favorite games.)

Anyway, read the article:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/is-the-wii-failing-to-meet-its-potential-/1281752

The Wii can do better. We've seen it do better. Stop making garbage, Third Party Developers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment