Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How, Now, Haveth Thee Stooped so Low?

If you were to browse www.amazon.com today, you might come across a whole slew of Kindle books being sold for a dollar or less. Sometimes even being given away for free.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Big name books-- for a penny or nothing at all! Wow.

I've been informed it's all because of people like me: self-published authors. With Kindle out, I can reach a much larger market than ever before.
Basically, the Big Boys, like Random House, are no longer the only players in the literary world. So, in response to my potential success (haven't got there yet, after all), these big wigs have decided to stamp me and everyone else in a similar position out like roaches.

All I can say is... Why, Random House, I didn't know you cared!
It's flattering, my friends. To think that I, little, meek, measly though I am, pose such a big, fat threat to the Literary Giants' revenue stream.

Well, to their low-priced blow, I responded in kind. For a limited time, the Rebirth of Rhin will be $0.99 (I can't afford to give them away at the moment-- I am no Tor Books).

That's right, get 'em now before I send the price sky-rocketing back to (oh my gawrsh!) $3.99.
Anyway, you save $3.

If you're in the market for that shiny new Kindle 2 (or you already have one) then now's the time to buy, buy, buy.

<--------You'll find the link to the right, as always. But here it is again, because I believe in redundancy: http://www.amazon.com/The-Rebirth-of-Rhin/dp/B001PTG63K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238020796&sr=8-2

And if you want to contact me, for whatever reason, here's my e-mail: jrtfree@yahoo.com
I always respond to mails. I'm a stand-up kind of guy, man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment