Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Viva la Change... a

Went to the newly opened Campaign for Change HQ, located a half-hour from where I live. I stayed there about 4 hours, while my mother chauffeured my grandma around some stores.

The work-load consisted mostly of typing. I printed out a few documents though. Not sure if I can go into it further. I assume it's not FORBIDDEN to describe what goes on in the office... but I would rather not divulge anything that needn't be divulged.

Yes. I did some service work. No profit for lil' ol' me. I feel good.
Hopefully my Karma Score went up by one. It would be nice. The Cosmic Monkeys that torment me constantly are really beginning to work on my nerves.


In other news, my Assassin's Creed package has yet to arrive. I was hoping it would come in today, but I see now that that was a fool's wish.

I used to think that the French Postal Service was the worst in the world. They do barely three hours of work a day. The rest of the time is spent on Lunch Breaks, Snack Breaks, Smoke Breaks, and then Afternoon Snack Breaks. I'm completely serious. There really was an Afternoon Snack Break, recognized nation-wide, called "goute"-- with a little accent "eque" over the "e" so that it's pronounced "gootay".


The point I'm so inelegantly trying to make, dear readers, is that the USPS-- that's the United States Postal Service-- may yet be able to challenge the French for their title of "World's Lowsiest Postal System".


Alright, now before I get hate-mail from all the mailmen and women out there... (get it? hate-mail?) I'm only joking. No one can beat the French Postal Service in terms of lassitude.
I'm just a mite-uh upset-uh about mah packahge not urrahveeng.


That was me, your host, attempting a stereotypical French accent online. You may now send the hate-mail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment